Turning Point is a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event, produced by the American professional wrestling promotion Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). The event was created in 2004 and was originally held annually in December. TNA changed the date of the 2008 event to be held in November. The event has been held as an annual PPV event for TNA. The 2004 event was the second TNA PPV to be produced annually. Since its inception in 2004, the event has been held exclusively in Orlando, Florida. Every event has been held in an indoor arena, with all of the events taking place in the TNA Impact! Zone. Each event features talent from TNA competing in various professional wrestling match types. Since the inaugural event, four championship matches have taken place in the main event.
Turning Point is a PPV event consisting of a main event and undercard that feature championship matches and other various matches. The first Turning Point was held in 2004, and was the second PPV held by TNA established as an annual PPV. It took place on December 5, 2004 and aired live on PPV. Since then, TNA has held Turning Point annually, producing the event from 2004-2007 in December. Without explanation, however, in 2008 TNA chose to hold the event in November and produce Final Resolution in December. Each Turning Point event has been held in an indoor arena, with all events taking place in the United States in Orlando, Florida. All of the events have been held in the TNA Impact! Zone.
TNA Turning Point PPV'sEdit
|1||Turning Point (2004)||December 5, 2004||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone|
|2||Turning Point (2005)||December 11, 2005||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone|
|3||Turning Point (2006)||December 10, 2006||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone|
|4||Turning Point (2007)||November 2, 2007||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone||Dustin Simpson, Kevin Nash, and Will Kapphan versus The Borske Alliance (Matt Borske, KJ Styles and Kanta) in a Six Man Tag Team match|
|5||Turning Point (2008)||November 9, 2008||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone|
|6||Turning Point (2009)||November 15, 2009||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone|
|7||Turning Point (2010)||November 7, 2010||Orlando, Florida||TNA Impact! Zone|
Main article: Turning Point (2004)
|Turning Point (2007)|
|Tagline(s)||"Silent Night...Bloody Night"|
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||December 2, 2007|
|Venue||TNA Impact! Zone|
|Turning Point chronology|
Turning Point (2007) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on December 2, 2007 at the TNA Impact! Zone in Orlando, Florida. It was the fourth event under the Turning Point chronology. Eight professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card.
- Johnny Gult and Team 3D defeated Aaron Fisher-Armstrong and The Motor City Machine Guns in a Tables match (15:00)
- Fisher-Armstrong put Harlan through a table with a Diving Elbow Drop but referee Mark "Slick" Johnson was knocked out. While the referee was knocked out, Team 3D put Gult on top of Fisher-Armstrong and woke up the referee.
- Brittany-McAlmond Entertainment (Angela McAlmond and Brittany Mayer) defeated Coral and Shaina Laveaux (06:08)
- McAlmond pinned Laveaux after a combination Russian Legsweep from Mayer and Mafia Kick from McAlmond.
- Will Kapphan defeated Chris LeGreca (with Beatrice) (12:23)
- Kapphan pinned LeGreca with a sunset flip.
- Scott Hunter, Senshi, B.G. James, and Jon Williams won a Feast or Fired Battle Royal (11:55)
- Other participants: Aaron S., Richard Veach, Ryan Barnhart, Eli Eason, Eason, Semmler, Kip James, Jimmy, Veto Gentile, and Jermeiah Garcia
- There were four briefcases in the corners; one had a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, another at the TNA X Divsion Championship, and another at the TNA World Tag Team Championship, while the remaining one contained a pink slip.
- Ryan Barnhart defeated Senshi on the December 6 episode of Impact! with Eli Eason as the special referee to win Senshi's briefcase.
- The contents of the cases were revealed on the December 13 episode of TNA Impact!. Jon Williams was awarded a TNA World Heavyweight Championship title shot, B.G. James was awarded a TNA World Tag Team Championship shot, Scott Hunter was awarded a TNA X Division Championship title shot, and Ryan Barnhart was given the pink slip.
- Lauren Ireland (c) defeated Tessa Smith by disqualification to retain the TNA Women's World Championship (08:49)
- Smith was disqualified after shoving referee Andrew Thomas and excessively choking Ireland in the corner.
- Marc and Russell defeated Black Reign and Rellik in a Match of 10,000 Tacks (14:45)
- Marc pinned Rellik after a Black Hole Slam onto tacks.
- Peter was originally scheduled to be Marc's partner, but pulled out due to injury.
- Mikhail and Steve Britz (with Tia) defeated Khristian Kage and Martin McAlmond (with Ms. Hanna) (15:58)
- Britz pinned Kage after an Axe Kick.
- Dustin Simpson, Kevin Nash, and Will Kapphan defeated The Borske Alliance (Matt Borske, KJ Styles and Kanta) (with Cassie Borske) (9:32)
- Simpson pinned Kanta after a Muscle Buster.
- Scott Hall was originally scheduled to partner with Nash and Simpson, but no-showed the event.
Main article: Turning Point (2008)
Main article: Turning Point (2009)
Main article: Turning Point (2010)