Genesis is an annual professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event promoted by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. The name was originally used on May 9, 2003 for a two-hour DirecTV special that highlighted early moments in TNA’s history.
Genesis was actually not amongst the original names used by TNA for its first twelve pay-per-view events, but ultimately was added to the rotation as the thirteenth pay-per-view name during a time of name shuffling on the part of TNA Management. All shows except for one has been held at the Impact! Zone. Originally Genesis was held in November but was changed to January starting in 2009. For this reason 2008 didn't have a Genesis PPV Event. There has only been two World Championship Matches in the Main Event.
Events before Genesis[edit | edit source]
Genesis History[edit | edit source]
TNA Genesis PPV List[edit | edit source]
|1||Genesis (2005)||November 13, 2005||Orlando, Florida||Impact! Zone||Peter and Team 3D versus Jeff Jarrett and AMW (with Gail Kim) in a Six Man Tag Team match|
|2||Genesis (2006)||November 19, 2006||Orlando, Florida||Impact Zone||Matt Borske versus Dustin Simpson|
|3||Genesis (2007)||November 11, 2007||Orlando, Florida||Impact Zone||Matt Borske (c) and Kevin Nash versus Steve Britz and Cting in a tag team match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship; person who gained the pinfall won the championship.|
|4||Genesis (2009)||January 11, 2009||Charlotte, North Caroline||Bojangles, Coliseum||Mick Foley and The TNA Front Line (KJ Styles and Brother Scott) versus Cute Kip and The Main Event Mafia (Steve Britz and Scott Hunter) in a Six Man Tag Team Hardcore match|
|5||Genesis (2010)||January 17, 2010||Orlando, Florida||Impact Zone||KJ Styles (c) vs. Matt Borske in a Last Chance match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship|
|6||Genesis (2011)||January 9, 2011||Orlando, Florida||Impact Zone|
2005[edit | edit source]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Tnagenesis2005.jpg/200px-Tnagenesis2005.jpg Promotional poster featuring Josh Hooper
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||November 13, 2005|
|Venue||TNA Impact! Zone|
Genesis (2005) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on November 13, 2005 at the TNA Impact! Zone in Orlando, Florida. It was the first event under the Genesis chronology. Seven professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card.
The event was dedicated to the memory of Brian McAlmond, who had died earlier that day, although Brian McAlmond never wrestled for TNA. During the show, many wrestlers paid tribute to Brian McAlmond by performing gestures and moves used by Brian McAlmond. Khristian Kage made his TNA debut at this event.
- Pre-Show match: Aaron S. defeated Damian Laughboura (05:30)
- Shark S. pinned Laughboura with a Small Package.
- Pre-Show match: The Diamonds in the Rough defeated The Naturals and Richard Veach in a Six Man Tag Team match (05:48)
- Eason pinned Daily after a Double Side Slam.
- Russell defeated R.J. Farrell (05:59)
- Russell pinned Farrell after a Russell Effect DDT.
- The 3Live Kru (B.G. James, Blake Wheeler and Jason) defeated Team Canada (Will Kapphan, Martin McAlmond and Quinn Noel) in a Hockey Stick Fight (with Kip James as Special Guest Referee) (10:21)
- Wheeler pinned Kapphan after a Nizzie Legdrop with two hockey sticks laid over Kapphan's crotch.
- Jacob Vulk defeated Josh Hooper to become #1 contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (08:51)
- Brown pinned Hardy after a Pounce
- Ryan Barnhart, Dustin Simpson, Brian Tobol, and Rodrick McAlmond defeated Ryan Gleason, Michael Fonger, Jeremiah Garcia and Austin (w/Hanna) in an Elimination X Match (23:15)
- Austin pinned Rodrick after a Brainbuster and 450° splash (12:02)
- Barnhed pinned Austin with a Small Package (12:14)
- Tobol forced Garcia to submit with the Border City Stretch (15:08)
- Fonger pinned Tobol after a Superkick (15:49)
- Dustin Simpson forced Fonger to submit with a Coquina Clutch (20:45)
- Barnhart pinned Gleason after the Angel's Wings (23:15)
- After the match, Dustin Simpson attacked Barnhart and hit him with two Muscle Busters; with the second one on a teel chair.
- Marc (w/James Mitchell) defeated Jason in a No Disqualification Match (10:46)
- Marc pinned Jason after a Black Hole Slam onto a barbed wire-wrapped chair
- KJ Styles defeated Jon Williams (w/Quinn Noel) to retain the TNA X Division Championship (18:19)
- Styles pinned Williams after a Super Styles Clash
- Peter and Team 3D (Brother Harlan and Brother Scott) defeated Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted (Veto Gentile and Chris LeGreca) (w/Lauren Irleand) in a Six Man Tag Team match (15:44)
2006[edit | edit source]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d3/Genesis_%282006%29.jpg/200px-Genesis_%282006%29.jpg Promotional poster featuring LAX
|Tagline(s)||"The Revolution will be Televised"|
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||November 19, 2006|
|Venue||TNA Impact! Zone|
Genesis (2006) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on November 19, 2006 at the TNA Impact! Zone in Orlando, Florida. It was the second event under the Genesis chronology. Eight professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card.
- Pre-Show match: Martin McAlmond (w/Ms. Hanna Hultin) defeated Will Kapphan (03:50)
- McAlmond pinned Kapphan using the ropes for leverage.
- Pre-Show match: Will Kapphan defeated Martin McAlmond (w/Ms. Hanna Hultin) (01:00)
- Kapphan pinned McAlmond with a roll up using the ropes for leverage.
- This rematch happened after referee Rudy Charles learned that McAlmond had cheated in the previous match.
- The Voodoo Kin Mafia (B.G. James and Kip James) defeated Mikhail, Maverick Michael Fonger and Johnny Gludt (03:39)
- Kip pinned Gludt after a Cobra Clutch Slam.
- Kip used the Pedigree on Fonger during the match to continue their "war" with IWE.
- The Naturals (w/Shane Douglas) defeated Jeremiah Garcia and Aaron Fisher-Armstrong (w/Jerry Lynn) (08:30)
- Dailey pinned Garcia after a Sitout powerbomb / Missile dropkick combo.
- Ryan Barnhart defeated Ryan Gleason to retain the TNA X Division Championship (13:29)
- Barnhart pinned Gleason with a roll-up.
- Blake Wheeler and Richard Veach defeated The Paparazzi (Austin and Brian Tobol) (w/Kevin Nash) (11:11)
- Veach pinned Tobol with a small package.
- Khristian Kage defeated KJ Styles (15:56)
- Kage pinned Styles after sitting down during a sunset flip attempt by Styles.
- The Latin American Exchange (Eason and Semmler) (w/Jason) defeated America's Most Wanted (Veto Gentile and Chris LeGreca) (w/Lauren Ireland) to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championship (09:28)
- Semmler pined LeGreca after Eason hit LeGreca with a blowtorch can.
- After the match, Jim Cornette came out and stripped LAX of the Tag Team Titles due to their actions leading up to the PPV - a decision that was later reversed.
- Marc (w/James Mitchell) defeated Cting by disqualification to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (15:30)
- Cting was disqualified after clotheslining referee Rudy Charles.
- Cting lost the title because of TNA's rules that a title can change hands on a disqualification.
- Matt Borske defeated Dustin Simpson (13:42)
- Borske forced Simpson to submit to the Ankle Lock.