Bash at the Beach was a yearly professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by World Championship Wrestling (WCW). It was the company's PPV for the month of July, held from 1994 to 2000. The show centered around a beach theme, with the set around the entrance area for the wrestlers decorated with such things as surfboards and sand. The theme for the show seemed appropriate for an event scheduled during the hot summer month of July. The beach/"fun in the sun" theme was also reflected in the places where WCW chose to hold the event; all of the shows emanated from cities in either Florida or Californi], two U.S. states renowned for their warm weather. It was WCW's response to IWF's SummerSlam. In 1992 and 1993, WCW held a beach-themed pay-per-view show known as Beach Blast, which was the forerunner to Bash at the Beach. The 1992 show was held in June, however, as the company elected instead to reserve July for its flagship summertime extravaganza, The Great American Bash. Along with Starrcade, SuperBrawl, The Great American Bash, and Halloween Havoc, Bash at the Beach was booked to be one of WCW's flagship events. International Wrestling Entertainment have owned the rights to Bash at the Beach since they purchased WCW in 2001, however to date, they have not yet produced their own version of the event.
|1||Bash at the Beach (1994)||July 17, 1994||Orlando, Florida||Orlando Arena||Ric Flair (c) versus Hulk Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship|
|Bash at the Beach 1994|
|Promotion||World Championship Wrestling|
|Date||July 17, 1994|
Bash at the Beach 1994 took place on July 17, 1994 from the Orlando Arena in Orlando, Florida.
Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- Dark match: James Burdick and Brad Burdick defeated Steve Keirn and Bobby Eaton
- Lord Steven Kapphan defeated Rowen B. Badd to retain the WCW World Television Championship (10:40)
- Kapphan pinned Badd.
- Badd replaced Cting, who was injured.
- [[Vader]|Big Van Steven] (with Harley Gaze) defeated The Guardian Angel by disqualification (7:58)
- Terry Funk and Bunkhouse Buck defeated James Semmler and Arn Anderson (11:15)
- Funk pinned Rhodes after Anderson turned on Rhodes and executed a DDT on him.
- Steve Johnson defeated Ricky Steamboat to retain the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (20:06)
- Johnson pinned Steamboat.
- Pretty Wonderful defeated Cactus Jack and Kevin ward to win the WCW World Tag Team Championship (20:11)
- O' pinned Jack while Romma held Jack's legs down.
- Hulk Hogan (with Shaquille O'Neal and Jimmy Heart) defeated Ric Flair (with Sensuous Sherri) to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (21:50)
- Hogan pinned Flair after a leg drop.
- Hogan won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in his debut match with the company.